Friday, October 2, 2009

John Cardiel will always rip



A couple of months ago I was looking back over some old skate vhs tapes I had and came across Transworld Skates "Sight Unseen". I immediately thought back to watching John Carkiels' part in that movie and thinking about how it was my favorite, just because how hard he charged and just skated so fast. So I went to go look him up online to see what he'd been up to as of late. I was floored when I found out he had been hit by a car while on a trip to Australia around 2003 and paralyzed from the waist down. He is on his way to recovery and is doing really well, standing, walking, riding bikes, even getting on a board from time to time. I came across this video and thought i'd share, this guy will never stop, and thats why he'll always be one of the greatest skateboarders of all time. A true inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends

blog patrol

About Me

My photo
I'd like to help keep style alive in North Carolina.