Thursday, April 8, 2010

Handplane Goodness: Done



Finally finished with my first handplane. We should have some waves tomorrow to try it out.

All Yew- Cy Fish Handplane from www.KORDUROY.tv on Vimeo.


This video on Cyrus Sutton's Korduroy.tv really inspired me to commit and try to make my own handplane. He has a great site with tons of vids that you should check out if you haven't already. I've always thought a true surfer is someone who can go to the beach and have fun in the ocean no matter what the conditions are, and it seems Cyrus knows how to have some fun the water. Thanks to guys like Cyrus and Tom Wegener, to name a few, people are starting to remember that surfing is supposed to be fun. A lot of surfers that I see around the beaches of North Carolina seem like they are trying too hard to catch up to what they see in the surfing mags and not trying hard enough to find new fun ways of gettin in the water. I just hate to see a hoard of guys all out on they're 6'0" thrusters in the regular knee high waves we get around here paddling all day long; but maybe thats they're way of having fun in the ocean. It doesn't look like fun to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends

blog patrol

About Me

My photo
I'd like to help keep style alive in North Carolina.