Thursday, June 3, 2010

So Much To Say




wing king baby!

loggin

Looks like its going to be waveless for the next couple of days. I had some fun out this evening on the Y-Quad by catch surf. While I was out I noticed a kite stuck in the water. At first I thought the person was just taking a little break from being pulled by the wind until they came drifting toward the pier I was surfing by. I heard a woman's cry "i'm going to drown!" as I heard this a myself along with couple of guys paddled over and grabbed the line-tangled young woman and started paddling for shore. She was fine, unfortunately she lost her board in the process. I've noticed a lot of kite boarders out near my break lately. Honestly I don't blame them for picking the wind over the waves these past couple of weeks. I just hate to see people out who don't know what they are doing without anyone to help them. Today was the second person in two weeks I've seen loose control of they're kite and come a little too close to the pier. So always kite with a friend if you are going out! For those of you on the west coast who don't need to worry about wind and have waves I wish I was there.
My good friend/current employer Tony Silvagni is out califori-way right now for the next pro longboard event and broke his brand spankin new board Steve Waldin made him.



"In the South, the breeze blows softer...neighbors are friendlier, nosier, and more talkative. (By contrast with the Yankee, the Southerner never uses one word when ten or twenty will do)...This is a different place. Our way of thinking is different, as are our ways of seeing, laughing, singing, eating, meeting and parting. Our walk is different, as the old song goes, our talk and our names. Nothing about us is quite the same as in the country to the north and west. What we carry in our memories is different too, and that may explain everything else."
--Charles Kuralt in "Southerners: Portrait of a People"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends

blog patrol

About Me

My photo
I'd like to help keep style alive in North Carolina.