Monday, September 27, 2010

Reblow Your Mind



We had some really fun waves down here at good old Wrightville Beach. Along with waves we had about nine inches of rain in town and floods all over the place. I was able to get out for a little bit but blew out my knee on a not so great right hander. I'm crossing my fingers it isn't anything too bad. I got hit by the lip and got pushed straight down on my board forcing my front leg to bend to the left, felt a decent pop and smacked the deck of my board just to top it off. Just super sore and doesn't really want to do what its meant to do at the moment, but had some fun ones today none the less. I'm trying to take it easy the rest of the week in hopes of being 100% for a little trip up the coast this weekend.




























These photos are from a recent rafting trip down the mighty Gauley River in West Virginia. We had a dandy of a time going down the upper and lower Gauley, camping at the bottom of the lower and then did the upper again the next day. Unfortunately the morning that the above picture was taken a girl lost her life from falling out of a raft and getting caught under a huge rock, because of this they had to reduce the amount of water being let in from the dam exposing most of the rocks. This also made our trip down the next day a lot more gnarles and tons of fun. It just sucks that these things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends

blog patrol

About Me

My photo
I'd like to help keep style alive in North Carolina.